The Foundation’s purposes
- Promote improvement of the quality of living and the general welfare of the community and the citizens of Greater Oneonta;
- Stimulate interest in the civic affairs of the community;
- Support the cultural and civic needs of the community; and
- Solicit donations from the public so as to accumulate sufficient funds to support the purposes of the Corporation.
FOF In Action:
Since its formation in 1982, FOF has provided more than $500,000 in program support to area agencies and civic, cultural, and educational projects.
How the Foundation Operates:
The Foundation is a legally created corporation authorized to receive gifts, trusts, property or money for investment through its fiscal agent, the Community Bank, Oneonta, and to authorize expenditures for designated purposes or perpetuate the grants and gifts as the donor or grantor shall specify.
Funds Managed by FOF:
1. General funds, which are not given for any specific project.
2. Directed funds, which given for specific purposes or projects.